I stopped the MMS a week prior to the surgery.
My kids went along for the ride. We were supposed to be there at 7:30. The hospital starts calling at 6:30 wanting to know where the hell we were as we were late. I flipped and chewed some butt 'cuz the surgeon's office never called to let me know to be there at 6:30. They said, get here quick. Impossible. The horsepistal was on the other side of town, easily a 45 minute drive. My son made it in 30 minutes (he's a cabby after all).
I'm getting prepped and they're asking all kinda silly questions. Nurse asks if I have anything in my mouth, so I stuck my tongue out at her. Or some such nonsense. Had to make light of it. This is the one and only time I have ever had surgery of any kind in my life. SCAREY!!! AND, I might be boobless on one side too boot.
I had told her that I was going to do 'balloon radiation' after the surgery. So she put 4 pins in to note the margins of the tissue she removed. She ended up taking out a one inch think stack of business cards sized blob of tissue.
Actually, she got clear margins, and no cancer in the lymph. No radiation for me. HA!!
I healed up nicely, although with a huge dent on one side, and got on with my life.
Friday, August 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment