Monday, January 28, 2008

Living to 800

I have 746 years to go and my body is not going to make it as it is. So, on to a new life style.

When I was little if we did not clean up our plates (even liver OMG!!!), we would get yanked downstairs to the basement and spanked (actually beaten, but on the butt area) with a yard stick. Then the yard sticks all broke, so Dad migrated to a twine rope... I remember welts and bruises on my hips and upper legs for days afterward that hurt so bad you could not touch them. This was status quo...

So, as a result, I hate to eat, as does my brother. Dinner was not a very good memory in my younger years.

As a result, I eat only to keep the body going, and am none to concerned about what it is, and it is usually junk and bad for me.

So, I am fast heading to type-2 diabetes, (my fasting glucose number is steadily rising) and I can't lose weight no matter what I do. And in fact, I have to barely eat to maintain my current weight.

So, my daughter and I are off on to a new adventure in life style re-vamping. We have signed on to FirstLineFitness using Metagenics technology (fancy name ain't it), and a change in eating habits, exercise and general life style. And... we have a coach. Someone that we are paying, and who will call us to task...

So, this next weekend we both go shopping to fill up the larders with new goodies, and in the meantime, revamp the kinds of foods we eat. I am hoping that in the next few weeks, I can learn to enjoy eating and being in this body !!! Would be nice if I'm going to be in it for the next 746 years. LOL

Today I had plain yogurt with fresh raspberries and granola added for bulk. I need to find a grain that I can replace the granola with, I'm thinking uncooked oats, or maybe mummis or something. That's the first task, is to get my breakfast and early morning snack figured out. Something I can to everyday with a little variety. I do better with things I like and the same types of things so I don't have to think about it, just do it.

Film at 11.....

No comments: